Last month saw the 100-year commemoration of the Battle of Passchendaele, near Ypres in France.
St George’s is a Memorial Church in Ieper (Ypres); built between 1927 and 1929 it commemorates the many thousands of British and Commonwealth troops who fell at the three battles fought in the surrounding area during the Great War. The chapel is popular with the local community but also with the many thousands of pilgrims who have visited the Flanders area since the end of the war in 1918.
Along with the many brass plaques and memorials to various regiments and individuals throughout the chapel, there are a large number of impressive flags hanging across the back wall, including standards of the Royal British Legion. We are proud to be the preferred supplier of ceremonial standards to the Royal British Legion and indeed produced these standards flying at the chapel in Ypres.
We have been manufacturing these standards to the precise nationally approved patterns for decades and ensure absolute attention to detail as this is critical. They are also made to last, as they are often in service for more than 40 years. We also supply a full range of anniversary pennants, adding scrolls and stars as required for the Lister Cup, Haig Cup and Maurice Cup awards. In addition to the main standards, our accessories are manufactured to compliment them and also need to follow approved designs.